6 Self-storage tips you need to know
Are you running out of space and in search of a good self-storage facility? Here are some valuable tips that can help you with getting the most out of your buck and avoid any potential frustrations.
First, you need to consider which self-storage facility that suits your needs the best. Remember that anything you store now, you’d like it to come back to you one day in the condition which you left it in. When in doubt, head down to the local self-storage facilities near you and see for yourself first before you make your decision.
Here are some things that you should expect:
- The facility has to have some level of security measures in place.
- You should be able to access your self-storage unit whenever you need to.
- The self-storage unit should be of the right size for your belongings and it should have adequate place left for additional items that you may add in the future.
- Ensure the climate control in the self-storage facility is appropriate for your needs – especially if you plan to store upholstered items or archive documents as a damp storage environment can do a significant amount of damage.
- The storage units should be tidy and well-maintained at all times.
- Pests should not be a problem – the storage facility should be able to tell you the types of measures they take to control pests and prevent them from getting to your belongings.
Need recommendations to help you get started? Here’s a few of our favorites: